- Blued or Stainless
- .45LC or .45ACP
More Information on .45ACP Ammo:
- Q: What is the appropriate .45ACP ammo to use?
- Ans: You can use any Standard Pressure .45 ACP ammo, including Full Metal Jacket, Metal Case, Jacketed Hollow Points and of course, Lead bullets. Note: Jacketed ammo may wear out the bore of your barrel slightly faster than lead ammo.
If you are reloading, use .45 ACP bullets with a standard pressure charge of Smokeless powder. Follow the online recommendations on the powder manufacturers website.
- Q: Should I use Smokeless or Black Power to reload .45 ACP?
- Ans: For a modern cartridge like .45 ACP, Smokeless powder is preferred. Follow the online recommendations on the powder manufacturers website. However, Black Powder could also be used.
- Q: Is it okay to use “plated” lead bullets, (like Berry’s Bullets) or Hi-Tek “polymer coated” bullets?
- Ans: Yes, it is okay to use lead bullets with copper plating or a polymer coating on them. These plated or coated lead bullets smoke less, reduce barrel leading, and don’t transfer lead to your skin while reloading.